Young Carers Support Advisor
Full or Part Time, Full Time is 37 hours per week.
Worked flexibly according to service. Arrangements to be negotiated. Will require after school hours working some evenings and weekends and possibility of occasional overnights.
Reporting to: Young Carers Team Leader
Start date: ASAP
• 3 months’ probation period.
• Supervision and training are provided with the post.
• Home working allowance is payable for remote workers.
• Travel across the county is required, for which mileage expenses are reimbursed.
• Able to work unsociable hours to meet the demands of the service, including evenings and weekends and occasional overnights with a sleep in rate.
• Full driving licence and access to own car.
• An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
To work with young carers and their families to identify:
- The level of the young carer’s role and the impact this has on them;
- Support available to them to reduce the caring role and increase the young carer’s opportunities.
- To work with the family to set goals and review progress including making home and school visits.
- To develop networks with a wide range of relevant organisations and understand the services they provide and how families can access them.
- To establish and promote clear referral systems between Carers in Hertfordshire and relevant agencies.
- To use the Families First and Team around the Family (TAF) processes to appropriately support young carers and their families including taking on the role of lead professional when appropriate.
- To support the work of the Young Carers’ Council, enabling and equipping young carers to have a strong voice on issues that affect them and their families.
- Delivering awareness training to a wide range of audiences including Governors, school staff, health and social care professionals.
- Supporting schools to develop and deliver an action plan to increase identification and support for carers in their setting including attaining schools awards where appropriate.
- To maintain up to date records of work using Carers in Hertfordshire database and Hertfordshire’s EHM system in line with data protection regulations, Carers in Hertfordshire policy and early help guidance.
- To undertake relevant tasks as may reasonably be required as a team member of Carers in Hertfordshire.
- To perform all duties in accordance with the Carers in Hertfordshire Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Practice.
- To promote the charity and assist with fundraising.
- To ensure that all duties are carried out in line with the organisation’s health and safety, operational, performance management, personnel, data protection, and financial regulations policies and procedures.
For more information please visit Carers in Hertfordshire website here.