Tilehouse Counselling provides professional counselling for young people in Hitchin and North Herts. This service is offered to any young person between the age of 13 and 19 who feels in need of support. For those in employment we ask for an affordable contribution to our costs. Counselling is free for the unwaged.
"I don't need to cut anymore because I can talk about things"
"I'm still sad about losing my Nan, but not devastated any more"
When is counselling useful?
Young people come for counselling for all kinds of reasons. The kinds of things you might want to talk through might include:
- Anxiety and depression
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Drug, alcohol and food-related issues
- Abuse and neglect
- Self-harming and suicidal thoughts
- A traumatic experience like abuse, violence or a significant change or loss
- Health including sexual health
- Bereavement and loss
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Bullying, racism and sexism
- School stress and academic pressure
What you tell you Counsellor is confidential, and you can expect what you say to be treated with sensitivity, respect and discretion. However, in order to ensure the quality of counselling, all counsellors have regular consultative support in supervision. Identifying details of individual clients are witheld. The only circumstances in which confidentiality would be broken is when a counsellor considers someone to be at risk of serious harm. Ideally, and in the majority of cases this is done with a client's full knowledge.
For more information contact us